Basic principle of computer programming is to train analytic, intermediate workforce who has technical knowledge on computer using, software, hardware, maintenance – reparation and installation and management of computer networks. Generally, students graduate with knowledge, skills and habits listed below;
- They are knowledgeable about computer electronics and hardware.
- They use computer operating systems, file management and file editing programs.
- They use widely common general purpose package programs ( Word processor, database management, design etc)
- They learn how to program at least one of the database based package programs.
- They learn one of the general purpose programming languages to an advance level.
- They learn and implement one of the design packages to an advance level.
- Throughout 24 weeks of industrial training they have the opportunity to practice this knowledge on the field.
Generally, graduates are employed as computer programmers, computer specialists, software specialists, system support specialists and computer trainer and they promote in a short time and employed as network technician, analyst programmer, system administrator, project coordinator, technical advisor, system operator or technical supervisor.